Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Sensitive soul

On Christmas Eve, we attended the 7 p.m. candlelight service then drove to Jim and Betty's for dinner and stockings.

As we drove west on Frankford Road through Carrollton and Far North Dallas to get to the Tollway, Cooper spotted someone walking in the cold, damp night.

Cooper's small voice from the backseat: "Mommy, I just saw a homeless man walking down the road. He was wearing a Santa hat."

And then Cooper began to cry.

I offered to turn around to find the man so that we could give him money. Cooper said no as he continued to cry.

I tried to assure him that most likely the man in the Santa hat wasn't homeless. He was probably without a car and walking to a nearby store.

"Oh, I hope so," Cooper said.

Me, too.

"And the king will answer them, 
'Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these 
who are members of my family, you did it to me.' " 
(Matthew 25:40)

No comments: