Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Tonight's highlight

Katie had a rough afternoon. She's struggling with allergies and a cough. She told me that some girls at school don't like her because she's not good at sports. She read a sad story in her new fairy tale book (the Easter Bunny really should have screened that book).

Instead of reading a chapter from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (too intense for sensitive nights), I read her the P.D. Eastman classic story book Are You My Mother?

As I was reading, snuggled next to Katie in bed, Cooper began a dramatic performance, acting as both the baby bird and the random animals and objects in the book.

They were both giggly when I tucked them in.

Katie's last words before falling asleep, called out from her room to Cooper's: "Cooper, are you my brother?"

And his: "Yes!"

No comments: