Sunday, August 03, 2008

Big day at Barnes & Noble

Among my freelance projects last year were three books: I proofed some chapters of Bill Peel's book What God Does When Men Lead; I helped edit, research and write parts of Kathy's Peel's The Busy Mom's Guide to a Happy, Organized Home; and I wrote the Dallas-Fort Worth chapter of Fodor's Texas. (I was about 95 percent done with the travel guide chapter on the day of Steve's first MRI, which revealed a mass in his brain stem. In the weeks leading up to Dec. 11, 2007, I was getting about four or five hours of sleep each night. After Dec. 11, sleep was hard to come by for different reasons.)

Bill's book has been out a few months, and I have a copy. Kathy's was released in early July. The Fodor's book was released Tuesday. I hadn't yet seen the July books -- until today! (My own copies are on the way.)

I was running errands on my own today and stopped at Barnes & Noble. I was so excited to find my work there on the shelves! I've had countless bylines in newspapers and magazines, but there's something distinct and special about being printed in a bound book.


To the right of the Busy Mom's Guide is Desperate Households, the first Kathy Peel book I helped with.



My bio in the back of the Fodor's book

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Yay! Very cool. Congrats. Glad you're keeping so busy.

Sweetest Whimsy said...

I particularly liked seeing 3 of your books in a row! You deserve to be proud of your writing accomplishments!