Friday, August 10, 2007

This is the life (to borrow a current Cooper phrase)


I'm in a comfy chair, editing on deadline from home. I just attended a wedding ceremony between Spotty (a Webkinz frog) and Poly (a Webkinz polar bear). It was officiated by a giant chicken on our staircase.


In attendance were Katie, me, three baby dolls in various stages of dress and a small zoo of stuffed animals. Decorations included two palm trees fashioned from Cranium Mega Fort parts. Following the quick and chaotic vows, guests were served a feast of wooden and plastic food (doughnuts, carrots, corn on the cob and watermelon are resting in my lap). Behind the scenes were Cooper and his friend Cade.


The house is a disaster. Furniture is askew. You can't walk in the rotunda without kicking a toy or animal or doll or blanket (the reception was really wild). I'm doing my best to not be bothered by the mess and just be thankful that I can be home with the kids I love while doing the work I love.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Ha! That cracked me up.

"It was officiated by a giant chicken ..."

Love it!