Sunday, August 06, 2006

Postcard from the beach



Sarah arrived yesterday morning to hang out with me when I'm not at the conference and to swim, see the sights and relax a little. Last night we drove down Santa Monica Boulevard to the Pacific Coast Highway. I love Santa Monica and have great memories from when Steve was an Arthur Andersen consultant, living in Marina del Ray four or five days a week. I would fly out every six weeks or so (instead of him flying home), and we would go to the beach, eat at fabulous restaurants, go to the movies, shop, etc.

Yesterday was my manuscript critique, with a book editor from Knopf. She was very helpful -- and I have a lot of work to do on Graham the Duck. I'm looking forward to a plotting class today with Caroline Cooney.

More to come later. I'm on my way to the first session.

No comments: