Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Happy ending

I wrote a couple of weeks ago about Cooper's attempt to become Student Council treasurer. And his attempt the following week to become class representative.

Here's the speech he wrote and delivered to his classmates.

Hello, my name is Cooper Damm, and as you probably know I am running for class representative.

As one of my favorite presidents, Abraham Lincoln, said “I do the very best I know how, the very best I can; and I mean to keep on doing so until the end.”

I am trustworthy, loyal, kind, smart, and I never give up. I work well with others without arguing. I am creative. We can make Bledsoe even better by working for better soccer goals, better art supplies and better school supplies.

I will listen to the ideas of you, the students, to represent Mr. Jensen’s class. And I will cooperate with the board to help make your ideas a reality.

Thank you for letting me get up here and speak and please vote for me.


His perseverance paid off. His classmates elected him one of two class representatives to Student Council, and last week he was inducted in front of the whole school.

No comments: