Monday, September 01, 2008

Hair

It's the familiar story -- girl with curly hair wants straight; girl with straight wants curly. I just didn't expect to deal with it so soon.

Katie's hair is as straight as mine is curly. Ever since cousin Molli (who has a head full of curls) stayed with us earlier this summer, Katie has longed for curly hair. When she asks me or Steve why she has straight, we tell her that that is what God gave her. She's never satisfied.

While she and I were home alone Thursday morning, she asked over and over for curly hair. So, I pulled out some gel and soft rollers. I spritzed her hair and rolled it up.


She endured the curlers for about 30 minutes.

"I want God to give me curly hair," she exclaimed rather loudly before she started ripping the curlers out of her hair.

The result was a bit of body, which lasted about five minutes.


We constantly tell her she's beautiful just the way she is. Most of the time she believes it, but she's still asking for curls.

1 comment:

Sweetest Whimsy said...

And why wouldn't she ask for curls?! She just wants to be as beautiful (or booful, as Carys would say) as her MOMMY!