Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Field trip


All seven kindergarten classes, their teachers and dozens of moms headed south for a day at the Dallas Arboretum. The children had just learned about seeds, plants and living and nonliving things, so they were particularly engaged on the trip.

I led a group of four boys, including Cooper, through the grounds. Mrs. D provided blank journals, crayons and pencils and encouraged us to stop frequently to fill the pages. The boys were so well behaved, interested and eager to draw. I even cajoled them into writing a list of five living and five nonliving things around us.


We first named our group "Bledsoe Adventure Club." After lunch, one of the boys changed it to the "Healthy Bledsoe Adventure Club," noting that all four of them had eaten healthy food.

More photos are here. And special thanks to Jim and Betty for taking care of Katie so I could be a chaperone. Even before I knew I wanted to be a mom, I knew I wanted to be a chaperone on field trips.

No comments: