Sunday, November 05, 2023

55 Acts of Kindness (4)

 From Karen in Atlanta:

I love this tradition each year. ❤️

This year, we remembered Steve and donated grocery store gift cards to families in need.

***

From the Tarun-Stogsdill family in San Antonio:

Celebrating Steve and his work with doctors today. We miss him very much and hope he would approve! #dammkind Love, Melissa, Dylan, Thalia & Carys


This gift supports the humanitarian relief efforts of Doctors Without Borders whose doctors, nurses, and logistics experts are providing medical care to victims of armed conflict, natural disasters, malnutrition, and epidemics in more than 70 countries around the world.

***

From Amy in Dallas:

Hi, Tyra, and a happy birthday to Steve!

At dinner last night, we overheard the table next to us was celebrating a birthday. So we jumped into action and secretly took care of their dessert. Left a note about Steve and his legacy to accompany it then quickly snuck out. 



***

From Jack in Portland, Ore.:

I bought donuts for the students in my dorm, Epler Hall.


***

From Aunt Marilyn in Charlottesville, Va.:

Yesterday I delivered socks (new) to the day shelter for the homeless and took cat and dog food to the SPCA I also gave 20$ to the mom and her baby that were panhandling at the entrance to Lowes. I miss Steve!

***

From Kristen in Frisco:

This was the Tuite crew for the Race on Over for Epilepsy Foundation 2023 event. Our crew supported the heck out of the Foundation from live auction wins to silent auction wins to games won to support kids getting to go to Epilepsy Camp!

May be an image of 10 people

***

A few from Tyra, early Nov. 3:

I delivered donuts to the Hosp Elementary staff. It's been a few years since I worked there, but I will always love that campus.

I delivered some soap to staff bathrooms because we deserve better than industrial-strength soap. =)

I delivered birthday donuts to Brandi, one of my dear friends and the Pearson librarian. She is my anchor at school and one of my go-to people for talking through all kinds of issues.




***

From Emma in Nashville: 

Participated in a Parkinson's Walk

***

From Ellen in Beijing: 

We donated $55 to a charity call HOPE (Horses Offering People Enrichment) and will do 5 more small donations to help feed stray dogs and cats in Beijing!

***

From Jackie in McKinney: 

Freddie's for neighbors


No comments: