Monday, November 24, 2008

Nice surprise

Last year I worked on two projects for Fodor's -- updating Web listings for the Dallas-Fort Worth area and writing the D-FW chapter for the new Texas guidebook.

My editor on both projects was Mike Nalepa, who works for Random House in New York. He was so gracious about this time last year, when I turned in the chapter about 95 percent complete. My deadline was the day after Steve's first MRI. I knew that if I touched the text from that point forward, I would likely make mistakes.

He arranged for others to help with parts of the chapter and filled in the rest himself. He was the kind of editor you want to work for again.

Today we received in the mail four different books from Mike -- Fodor's guidebooks for London! I'm guessing he reads the Steve blog and discovered our big summer getaway. What a great guy.

1 comment:

Laura said...

What a GREAT surprise and a wonderful editor!