Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Big girl

I fully intended to potty train Katie over Christmas break. Of course, more important matters took precedent. Then all of the sudden, she turned 3! The day after her birthday, we started training, and I think she's close to being diaper free (except at night, which will probably take a while).

On her own last week, she also decided she was ready for a big-girl bed. We haven't wanted to push the issue -- she was happy in her crib, and with all the turmoil and uncertainty around here, we didn't want to rock the boat. Still, once a week or so I'd gently ask if she was ready to move to a bed. Last week for the first time she agreed.

So Papa delivered today a beautiful bed, which we assembled in her room. I've had the bedding for a couple of years; it's a bigger version of her nursery bedding. I chose the pattern before she was born, and somehow it matches her personality perfectly.

No comments: