Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Words they live by

I wrote the cover story for the DMN's Religion section last week. (It required more reporting than writing, actually.) I enjoyed speaking with so many religious leaders and discovering new verses of scripture. I received two anti-Muslim e-mails, questioning my scholarship and judgment in including comments from an imam. Bruce the Boss (Cooper's nickname for the Religion editor) has had some heated correspondence. You can read it here, on the Religion blog.

The Religion section, which is nationally recognized as one of the best and was my professional home for almost three years, is folding in a couple of weeks. Some of the content will find a new home in Metro, but it certainly won't be the same. I did learn this week that I can still contribute Web reviews and the weekly A-Z feature. (This week, Z is for zakat, one of the five pillars of Islam. I wonder if I'll get more hostile letters.)

No comments: