Sunday, December 03, 2006

Weird labels

Because Stacey tagged me, here we go (though I prefer "unique" or "unusual" instead of "weird") ...

SIX WEIRD THINGS ABOUT MYSELF
1. I've never been on a car trip that takes more than one day.
I've heard lots of great stories about cross-country road trips. I have none to share.

2. I saw the Future back to back to back.
It was on May 4, 1990 (I think that's correct). My employer, Walter Dewar, loved Back to the Future. When the third movie opened, the NorthPark movie theater (long since replaced) showed all three movies in a row. While on the clock, I stood in line for tickets and watched all three movies.

3. I still have three baby teeth.
They're tiny, and there are no adult teeth to take their place. I often worry that they'll fall out prematurely. I also never had wisdom teeth. And, so far, I've never had a cavity.

4. I attended five elementary schools for K-5.
Walnut Hill (Dallas), Cabell (Farmers Branch), Leon Heights (Belton), Cabell again for a week, Burnett (Dallas) and Gullet (Austin). When I moved to Leon Heights, it was in the middle of second grade. By the end of my first week in Belton, they moved me to third grade, and I finished the school year there. When I moved back to Dallas that summer, DISD said I needed to take third grade again. I stayed there for a week, until my dad threatened to beat up the principal if they didn't move me to fourth grade. I took a test, and they let me move on to fourth at Burnett.

5. I have never watched Star Trek or any of its franchises.
This makes me weird in at least one circle of friends (hello, Noel & Layne!).

6. I frequently work puzzles in my head.
It's usually one I invented in which I see if a word or phrase will fit in a "perfect" box. The rules and exceptions make sense to me but probably to no one else. I'd definitely have to draw you a picture.

Oh, gracious. I could just keep going! But I'll stick to six. Now, I tag someone else. So, Melane and Melissa, you both are it.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Kinda up there with your aversion to Star Trek movies, I've never seen any black and white movies. I guess that's something weird I should've put on my list. Thus, I've never seen "the classics" like Casablanca, An Affair To Remember, Miracle on 34th Street, etc. Some people are appalled by that.

Laura said...

Funny that you work puzzles in your head. When I was nursing Brendan, I would sit in the rocking chair in his room and play games in my head with the alphabet rug (remember the one Cooper had, too?). I had forgotten about that until I read your post!