Monday, May 22, 2006

Final installment of vacation photos





I didn't discover how much I love the beach until my mid-20s, when Matthew & Gretchen moved to Sarasota, Fla. During our frequent visits, we would spend hours on the Gulf Coast, swimming, picnicking, eating, reading, napping. When I feel extraordinarily stressed, I visualize the beach and that feeling of peace that it brings.

So, a trip to the beach was a must during our Pennsylvania/Massachusetts adventure. I did a lot of reading and chose Good Harbor on Cape Ann. It apparently gets crowded in the summer, and I can see why: soft sand, room to run, clear water. Sigh. In early May, though, it's not a destination spot because the water is too cold (38 degrees the morning we were there).

Cooper loved wading into the water (even falling on his bottom a couple of times), running up and down the shore, trying to outrun the waves. Katie was amused by the wind and watching her big brother.

Later that morning we walked around Gloucester. We were interested in the town after reading and seeing The Perfect Storm. The folks were friendly, and the seafood was tasty.

I regret that I don't have better photos from Noel & Bonnie's wedding. Layne does, and I'll post those soon, I hope. The few I have are here, along with more from the beach and Gloucester.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I think you should plan kid-friendly vacation for a living. I personally would pony up a fee for your help!