Sunday, January 27, 2013

Magic of the Moment

Katie earned two Awards of Excellence in this year's PTA Reflections contest, themed "The Magic of the Moment."
Katie, after Friday's assembly
***
Katie in November, with her pastel drawing "First Look of Life," drawn from a photo of Steve holding newborn Baby Katie

***

The Magic of the Beach
By Kathryn Damm

When I am at the beach, I feel the soft, smooth sand.
It feels so light on my toes. It feels just grand.

When I am at the beach, I see the waves crash.
They look so splendid when they splash.

When I am at the beach, I smell the strong sunscreen.
People, towels and umbrellas are part of the scene.

When I am at the beach, I taste delicious ice cream.
It seems like I’m in a dream.

When I am at the beach, I hear the seagulls squawking.
The birds sound like they’re almost talking.

When I am at the beach, it really is quite fun
Because I love to sit in the sun.

No comments: