Friday, February 17, 2012

'Humble'

Cooper is bridging tomorrow from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts. This is a very big deal in the world of Scouting.

The preparations for each parent include wrapping an arrow to represent the past four years of achievements, creating a banner/shield to represent the past four years of activities and having a portrait taken to be framed and displayed at the banquet.

I have finished the arrow. I'm almost done with the shield. And the portrait right now is framed by simple, inexpensive wood. One option is to decorate the frame with his name and Scout symbols. I'm willing to decorate it, but I wanted to check with Cooper first.

"Oh, no, Momma," he said. "I'm not a glitz and glam person. I am more humble."

Oh, gracious. Sometimes it's as if Steve Damm speaks right through that child.

No comments: