Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Pie in my face

Cooper specifically asked that I write about this in my blog.

He sold more than $300 in popcorn for Cub Scouts this year. As a reward, he and other Scouts were allowed to throw a pie in an adult's face at tonight's pack meeting.

I was certain he would choose his den leader. I was wrong.

Cooper was jumping up and down, he was so excited at his chance.

I was called to the stage (the den meets in an elementary school cafeteria). I took off my glasses and waited. Cooper taunted me for just a few moments and then slammed the whip cream in my face. It splattered in my hair and all over my clothes.

The crowd went wild! Well, not really, but there was applause and laughter. And a great big Cooper smile.

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Tyra,
Cooper couldn't wait to tell me all about this the next morning! He had a huge smile on his face!!
Aimee Sanchez

Laura said...

And we have no photos to document this? Someone must have snapped a shot! Too funny ...

Sweetest Whimsy said...

You are the BEST mom in the whole world!