Tuesday, January 15, 2008

T-shirt becomes a sleep shirt

Last year on spring break, we bought Cooper and Katie matching T-shirts. Cooper has worn his dozens of times since. Yesterday I pulled it from his closet for him to wear to school.

He put on his turtleneck first then walked into the kitchen with the shirt in his hands.

"Mommy, no one in my class really likes Winnie the Pooh. I'll be embarrased."

I smiled at him, didn't speak (maybe I was afraid I'd start crying, knowing our "little" boy has outgrown Pooh) and walked to his closet, pulled out one of his Star Wars shirts and handed it to him.

"Oh, Mommy, I love you," he said, and sealed it with a crushing Cooper hug.

He wore the shirt to bed last night, and after it's washed, it will officially move to the PJ drawer.

No comments: